Friday, February 4, 2011
In an earlier post I mentioned getting blasted in my right knee. Well that prompted me to remove my thigh armor and go with football padding from Reebok and Under Armour. Now for the knee I went back to the original style hinge and I only had copper rivets on me for supplies. Below is a beginning pic of the project.







Now I split the hinge to help with articulation which would contract to a point when bent at the knee. See below:







Now you can see the split hinge contract at this point and articulation is no longer an issue. Now came what turned out to be a bigger issue for me. Because the right half of my body is a half-inch longer than the left half this right legs sits to low given the shins were measured off the left leg. I know its my fault for not realizing this would come back to haunt me. That being said I went down to the closest Tandy Leather / Leather Factory store to talk about keeping the leg from sliding down. The manager was in and he had made a number of leather armour suits for various S.C.A. fighters over the years. I walked in wearing the right shin and we began to discuss my options of how to fix it. He peg the right-side / left-side size issue within 10 minutes of talking to me. Then the conversation became not "how to keep from sliding down" but "how to hike the shin up to the right spot."

This is what I could come up with give time, only having copper rivets, some 10oz. leather straps and chainmail I wanted to build something with:








Now I will be adding to the chainmail to make a sabaton of sorts but that will wait till FP so I can test the alterations out and then it is on to the vest. Ahh, at least E.W. is paid for and we are stocked on gear.

Slava Atenveldta,

Lord Iosif Volchkov, Squire to his excellency Viscount Sir Jerry the Inverter of Kilkenny
House Inverted
Barony of Atenveldt
Kingdom of Atenveldt

arizona.rune@gmail.com

0 comments:

Pages

About Me

AZ-RUNE. Powered by Blogger.

Followers